Monday, July 29, 2013

So it begins!

Hey,
Some of you may know me as the douchebag in Thousand Year War, or a fellow disc golfer, or you may not even give two monkey farts who the hell I am and stumbled on this page accidently...so here goes:

 I'm Hiram, and I have a passion for disc golf, music, and hitchhiking. I've been hitching since around 16 years old and been addicted ever since. I've never really felt that comfortable in society without being on the road or pursuing adventure. At around 14 years old my father asked my what I wanted to do in life and I answered, "be a homeless skater in San Francisco." Needless to say I narrowly missed a firm ass beating, that dream never died with me. My most amazing memories come from being dirt poor on the road, sharing invaluable moments with strangers. So here goes nothing! Hairy balls to the wind, with nothing but a pack, some discs, and the will to command and conquer. My life has been sort of a roller coaster, mostly due to my often eccentric, and overbearing personality. I've been scorned, loved, envied, and reviled. It doesn't matter, I deserve every bit.  My love for the sport of disc golf started a few years ago, and that fire is still burning strong. It is like the punk rock version of golf, and hosts a vibrant community that I intend to unearth in my journeys.

After watching David Choe's Hitchhiking across America on Vice, my fire for the road rekindled.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QO3-AAVTeDA. While hitchhiking through China, David said, "maybe I'll start a thumbs up revolution, but probably not." This struck a chord deep within me and aroused my own adventurous spirit, as all my hitchhiking journeys have just started by getting up and fucking doing it! Well David, my kindred traveling spirit, you have at least inspired one man to put the thumbs up and get out there on the road!

I will be embarking out on my journey the first week of august and will be looking for a few things. Normally I wouldn't ask for help, but I've lived by the code of the road my whole life and have always given when I've been in the position to. I'm no angel, just some scum bag trying to live life in the fullest. Here is my list of road needs for this adventure:

A Road Dog- Easy going positive person that can handle some insanity of the road, and yearn for an epic adventure and disc golf. You in???

A Smartphone-just a smartphone that someone no longer uses. I want to make video interviews with golfers, travelers, and people I hitch with and publishing them everyday or every other day. Have some phone gathering dust in the corner?

Discs/disc golf gear-Most of my gear is gone and any contribution you make will help me tremendously!!
Some bag or disc you no longer throw? Help them find a new home.

Guess what?? That is all fuckers! Yep, this is a genuine journey of a poor ass son of a bitch setting fire to the world and maybe showing everyone that people are still ultimately good and the world isn't such an evil place after all.

Cheers and I will see you all out there!!

Hiram
thousandyearwar@gmail.com          


5 comments:

  1. If you make it to Birmingham, AL we have a great local disc golf community. I would be happy to give up some disc for your journey. My home course is George Ward Park, fondley referd to as G Dub. Good luck on your travels. Don't forget your towel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely hit me up if you make it to the Kansas City area. I'm proud of the area's huge, family-like disc golf community, and I'd love to share it with you. Good luck, and I look forward to reading about your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best of luck on your adventure. I hope to play a round with you, if you make to Menomonie, WI

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where is your starting point? I wish I could help you out with everything. I only have a box full of discs and no way of shipping them to you. I really hope to get to play with you if you make your way to Wilmington, NC. We have 3 courses, but only one is truly epic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for your kind words and support! I am starting out in Redding, CA and will be working my way up to Oregon and will likely be on the Pacific Coast this adventure. However things can always change:)

    ReplyDelete